Monday, June 4, 2018

Salmon Patties

I made these salmon patties last Whole30 and fell in love with them!  They're honestly a cinch to put together and they work for literally any meal!  I made a batch last night and am so excited to have them for lunch today!

I've had them hot out of the oven for dinner, served with sauteed spinach and some sweet potato.  They're great cold out of the fridge on top of a salad for lunch, or even next to some eggs for breakfast.  I know, I know....it might sound weird to have salmon for breakfast, but hell, I love lox and they're salmon, too!


I adapted these from a recipe I found online, and the first time I made them I made about 2/3 of the recipe.  There weren't enough and I was so sad when I ate the last one!  These are definitely a keeper, and like I said, they'll work for any meal.  Plus, I think they'd be a great appetizer if you made them smaller, perhaps along with my avocado "deviled" eggs?!


The other nice thing is that you can customize these for your taste.  Add some red pepper flakes; sub in almond flour (I ran out last time so I didn't make it with the flour; they were so good that I skipped it this time, too).


Salmon Patties
Adapted slightly from No Crumbs Left

Ingredients:

1 lb salmon, skinned and boned
3/4 cup celery, diced small
3/4 cup onion, diced small
1/2 red pepper, diced small
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning (I didn't have any, so I used a little garlic and onion powders, black pepper, and cayenne pepper)
1 egg, lightly beaten before adding to rest of ingredients
Olive oil or avocado oil, to brush pan

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Place salmon in food processor and pulse for only 2 seconds, leaving some texture to the fish.
Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion, and red pepper.
Mix well.
Season with salt and Old Bay.

This mixture can sit in the refrigerator overnight.

When ready to cook, mix in the egg.

Make patties in desired size.  I used an ice cream scooper for uniform size and then pat them so that they were flatter.
Place patties on a foil-lined pan, which has been lightly oiled.
Bake for 8 minutes.
Flip and bake for another 8 minutes.

Remove from the oven and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment