Thursday, May 31, 2018

Avocado "Deviled" Eggs

I, unfortunately, will pretty much eat anything.  There are very few things I don't like (cumin, gin, fennel, mayo, ketchup, to name a few), among them are egg yolks.  They're OK in a scrambled egg occasionally, but I order all my omelettes with egg whites.

So on Whole30, I eat only egg whites, unless my husband makes scrambled eggs on the weekend (he's so great to me and will make them in olive oil instead of butter while I'm Whole30-ing).  Hard boiled eggs is usually a breakfast go-to (I'm working on changing that...), and I usually eat them with avocado, so the other day I mashed up my avocado with a little bit of salt and put it into halved egg whites for a "deviled" egg look.  It was delicious!  So much so that I had it for breakfast again today!  It's super easy (3 ingredients!) and tasty. I'm sure that -- if you like egg yolks -- it would be really good if you mixed the yolks in with the avocado, but you'd have to try that for yourself!  If you do, send me a message or leave a comment below!


Whole30 "Deviled" Eggs

Ingredients:

3 hardboiled eggs, halved lengthwise, yolks removed and discarded (unless you want to use them and mix with the avocado)
1/2 avocado*
pinch of salt, to taste.

Optional:
Feel free to season these as you like.  I used some Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning last time and they were delicious!  Red pepper flakes would be delicious, too.  And of course a little black pepper would be tasty, too.

* For my recipe, I used half of a teeny tiny avocado -- have you seen them?  They're the cutest! -- so my eggs aren't completely filled.  I recommend using 1/2 of a regular Haas avocado or 3/4 of a teeny tiny one.

Directions:

Mash the avocado in a bowl.  Add salt (and additional spices, if using) to taste, and incorporate.

Spoon into halved egg whites.

Serve with vegetables or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment