Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Everything but the Bagel Chicken Wings

So if you know me at all, you've heard me sing the praises of Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning.  It's basically all the toppings of an everything bagel minus the carb-laden bagel itself.  I love it on hard boiled eggs and avocado.  It automatically gives my ho-hum sometimes boring breakfasts some oomph.


So when I was scrolling through Instagram and came across these Everything but the Bagel Chicken Wings, I got so excited.  I showed them to my hubby who was totally on board for me to try making these!



It took a while, I'll admit, for me to get my head around the whole "coat your chicken wings in mayo" -- I know people use mayo to crisp things up, like grilled cheese and oven "fried" chicken -- but my disdain for mayo made me hesitant to be the one to actually coat the wings in mayo.  Thanks to a handy spatula, I was able to overcome my fear -- and I'm glad I did!  These wings are crispy and tasty and delicious!  I served them with buffalo sauce for dipping (pictured) and Tessemae's creamy Caesar dressing (I much prefer the Caesar over their ranch, but ranch would also work nicely!).


Ingredients:

2 pounds chicken wings
2 Tbsp Whole30-compliant mayonnaise
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp olive oil
4-5 Tbsp Everything but the Bagel seasoning*

Tessemae's Ceasar, Ranch, and/or Buffalo sauce, for serving

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400F degrees F.

Place an oven safe baking/cooking rack on top of a baking sheet lined with foil.

Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and oil in a large bowl.
Add chicken wings.
Use hands to evenly coat wings with mayonnaise mixture (frankly, a rubber spatula works perfectly well).
Toss or roll wings in Everything but the Bagel seasoning.

Place wings on the rack, evenly spaced.
Sprinkle any additional Everything but the Bagel seasoning over wings if desired.

Bake 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Note: depending on the size of the wings, baking time may vary.  Make sure that chicken is cooked through.

* No Trader Joe's near you?  You can make your own Everything but the Bagel seasoning, also courtesy of The Whole Kitchen Sink.

Combine:

2 Tbsp dried minced garlic
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
1 Tbsp dried minced onion
1/2 Tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment