Friday, September 7, 2018

Snack Emergency! (Part 2)

About two and a half months ago I posted about snack emergencies and some of my favorite transportable Whole30 compliant emergency snacks.  I have a few new additions that I wanted to share: 


  • Mango Pineapple Rx bars*.  I mentioned in my last update that I love the Blueberry and Mixed Berry ones.  This flavor came out recently and I needed to get my hands on it.  They're definitely harder to find than the other flavors (you can order online, so fret not, you can have them in your hands in a matter of time).  Just in time for the fall, Pumpkin Spice Rx bars have made their return!  Although I'm not a pumpkin spice fan, I've added them to the list.  For those of you who love your Pumpkin Spice Lattes but can't have them on Whole30, these may be right up your alley!
  • Rind snacks.  I randomly discovered these snacks and I have to say, they're delicious!  They come in three flavors.  The tangy kiwi is AWESOME!  I haven't tried the Tropical Blend yet, but I really enjoyed the other two.  Warning: these dried fruits have the skin on!  I thought the kiwi skin would be weird but it's totally not!
  • Two words: chicken sriracha.  These Epic bars have great flavor and a lot of spice!  I eat them as is, with some avocado and veggies for a quick makeshift lunch, but I've heard of people mixing them in their eggs and making a Whole30 Western-ish omelette. There's also a cranberry turkey strip that's pretty good. {oops....I realized this is a repeat from my first Snack Attack post}.
  • Chomps turkey sticks. I mentioned the beef ones were great in my last post, but I think I might like the turkey ones even more!  They taste good and don't have any discernible after taste, and they clock in at 70 calories.  Trader Joe's recently started carrying them (it's the only place I've found them), and they can also be ordered online. 
  • Spindrift Raspberry Lime Sparkling Water.  Sparkling water/seltzer isn't really a snack, and I have a few seltzers that I love (I'll address those in another post soon), but this one is seriously delicious.
*Warning: these are emergency snacks, I do not eat bars every day, and neither should you!

No comments:

Post a Comment