Sunday, July 1, 2018

Done.....sorta

Well, I did it.  Another Whole30 is in the books!  I spent my last day (technically day 33) at a friend's bachelorette party where I snacked on (Whole30-compliant) prosciutto, vegetable sticks, mixed nuts, and some dried (unsweetened, unsulfered) pineapple rings.  And I topped it off with some seltzer (hey, it's got bubbles, which is kinda like champagne....kinda).

And then this morning, when I went out for breakfast, do you know what I ordered?  Pancakes sounded good, but no....I had an egg white omelette with mushrooms, avocado, and (non-Whole30 compliant) bacon, with a side salad, and a black iced coffee.  Living life on the wild side, huh?

So many people I spoke to viewed my Whole30 (and Whole30 in general) as an all-or-nothing endeavor.  "Oh, Whole30 is over, are you going to eat all the carbs today" and "Now that Whole30 is over, you can eat ALL the foods you were craving for the past 30 days!"  And while technically -- after your reintroduction -- you can go back to your old eating ways (if that's what works for you), but I'm diving into a period I call "Whole30-ish" -- a long term, hopefully lifelong period where I'm following the Whole30 lifestyle, but allowing myself to eat out a little, have an occasional glass of wine, and maybe even a little cheese here and there!

The transition won't necessarily be easy -- sometimes my head goes to that "give an inch, take a mile" mentality where if I can have a little cheese, I can have a lot -- but given that I have a solid Whole30 foundation and a generally healthy pre-Whole30 diet, I should be able to make it work,

Just because my Whole30(33) is over doesn't mean the adventure is!  Stay tuned for more Whole30 recipes and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment